Bostik Build Silicone Sealant 280ml
Bostik Build is a high quality neutral curing, low modulus 100% silicone sealant that provides a permanent flexible, durable, watertight seal for general purpose sealing. It exhibits excellent adhesion to alkaline surfaces such as concrete, fibrous cement, mortar, and plaster. It also offers excellent primerless adhesion to many non-porous materials e.g. ceramics, glass, enamel, porcelain, coated wood, painted surfaces, canvas, some rubber, most metals (mild steel, stainless steel, aluminium, copper, tin, galvanized iron, brass or zinc) and some plastics acrylics (epoxide, acrylics, polyester, polyacrylate, polycarbonates, polystyrene, formica, fiberglass, polycarbonates and rigid PVC).The sealant is extremely resistant to UV radiation, weathering, ageing and water, and offers excellent chemical resistance and is unaffected by alcohols, dilute acids and alkalis, soap and household detergents. The sealant remains flexible over a wide range of temperatures from -40°C to 120°C. It also performs as an excellent adhesive on non-porous surfaces where an elastic gap-filling bond is required. It has a non-sag rheology and can be applied to vertical surfaces.
- Suitable for internal and external sealing applications, waterproofing and weatherproofing.
- Sealing of connecting and expansion joints in the construction industry e.g. sealing of expansion and connecting joints in walls and floors.
- Sealing of gutters, gutter outlets, and around building flashes.
- Sealing of joints between glazing and supporting structures.
- Perimeter sealing of doors, windows and cladding panels.
- Sealing of double glazed units.
- Mounting of small mirrors.
- Sanitary ware applications i.e. sealing around bathroom and kitchen fittings, baths, showers and sinks.
- Sealant for the electrical and electronics industries e.g. encapsulation of wires, insulating appliances.
- Sealant in silo and container construction.
- Suitable for bonding and mending tasks where elastic gap filling bond is required.
May become discoloured in contact with some organic elastomers, which tend to bleed oil or solvents into the silicone, e.g. EPDM, APTK, Neoprene and Bituminous surfaces. Not suitable for contact with natural stone i.e. marble, granite, quartzite as it may discolour the surfaces. Will not adhere to some plastics such as polyethylene, polypropylene and Teflon. Do not apply sealant when relative humidity is below 10% - cure rate will be affected.
NOT SUITABLE FOR FISH TANKS (contains a fungicide).